My Weight Tracker Familia Mendoza: OF COURSE IT WOULD HAPPEN.....

Saturday, July 7, 2007

OF COURSE IT WOULD HAPPEN.....




So yesterday was the hottest day this year... a miserable 106 degrees. What could possibly happen to me on the hottest day of the year you ask?? Of course! The air conditioner breaks down. Go figure! Yep, it went out the night before and wasn't fixed until LATE last night so we had 1 1/2 miserable days in our sauna. After the guy fixed it at 9:00 last night he used his laser that reads temperatures to make sure cold air was blowing out of our vents. Then he pointed it where I had been sitting on the couch and it was 95 in this apt. Little Dom was naked all day with a fan blowing on him and Juan and I were sweating our butts off. The pic with a wash cloth is one from yesterday because I was trying to cool him down. It was sooo hot though that the rag didn't stay wet long. Luckily, it's working again and it's now a confortable 76 inside and a cruddy 100 outside.

Today was good as gram Whittier, Uncle Sean, Aunt Pei-i and the kids and the Marshall family were all gathered for a family BBQ. It was the 1st time they had all seen Dominik so it was fun and I hadn't seen many of them in years. I ate too much but had a good visit so it was worth it. I should have taken my camera and gotten a few pics, but I didn't think about it. Maybe next time.

2 Comments:

At July 8, 2007 at 7:42 PM , Blogger Kelsey said...

What terrible luck! But on the bright side, you did get a really cute picture of Dom with a wet rag on his head. Looks like he took the heat pretty well. I can't imagine sitting in a house at 95 degrees. We've been really lucky and our a/c hasn't broke down yet. I'm sure it's just a matter of time though.

I like the picture of Dom with his daddy, too. Looks like he got your skin tone as well. But that may change. Chloe was as white as me for a long time, but now that I let her out in the sun on occasion, she's already darker than me, and I've spent a lot more time in the sun than she has. Looks like she'll actually be able to hold a tan, unlike me. So Dom could end up with the same sort of situation. But who knows.

 
At July 8, 2007 at 7:51 PM , Blogger crazy lady said...

I'm glad you got to go to the whittier gathering. Gram Shirley said that Dom was adorable and such a pleasant baby. I'm really glad to hear that you got the ac going again. I think I would have had to head to the mall or someplace cool. Dom is getting big! Can't wait to see him:0)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home