My Weight Tracker Familia Mendoza: NAKED BOY

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

NAKED BOY



Well, people keep telling me that the parents of Dominik should be in a picture on occasion so here's one my mom took for me last night. Juan was at work so I'll have to sneak a picture of him sometime in the future. Last night my mom came over to see her grandson and she decided to take me to Cracker Barrell for dinner.
It was great as I think I only have rice, pasta and a few chix breasts in the house to eat. Husbands sure are expensive, which is why there aren't any groceries, thus I have cut Juan off from my paycheck. He really likes to spend money on himself and that's about it. I told him we needed to compromise but he didn't like that idea too much because it would take away money from his hockey league fees and other things as well. I just opened my own account and assigned him part of the bills to pay so he now has a $75 a month allowance. I said he could either save it for something expensive he might want or he can blow it every month. I don't care either way. This is good for me because now I can start putting a little bit of money in savings and maybe get some bills paid off instead of going further into debt. What is it with men loving to spend money?? Men are always making jokes about how women love to go shopping and spend money, but I always seem to find men that spend every cent they make because it burns a hole in their pocket. I might like to buy clothes every once in awhile, but my clothes are a lot cheaper than new cars, hockey leage fees and equipment and rock concerts. I feel good about the decision I made and I think it's for the best. I also told Juan he can use his stupid credit card if he wants ( I banned it before) but he has to make the payments on it and if the monthly payment is more than he can afford from his paycheck because he ran the balance up, then he will just be ruining his own credit because I refuse to pay for it.

Enough of that, back to Cracker Barrel.... so we went out to eat and Dominik just started crying all of a sudden. Grandma picked him up and his butt was completely soaked. I took him to the restroom to change his diaper and put a new outfit on him, but I forgot to put one in the bag. His diaper was also totally dry so as it turns out dad had spilled water in his carseat earlier that day and Lil Dom sat in it. Well, he was naked boy in the restaraunt so I probably looked like trailer trash or something in there since he was only wearing socks and a diaper. Dominik didn't seem to mind though because he likes to be naked. Other than that incident, the food was awesome as usual and it was nice seeing mi madre.

In other news, I may be making a trip to Pocatello soon. I have the week of 9 July off and no plans on what to do. I know I need to go visit all my friends and family in Poky, but I'm still debating it as gas is sooo expensive and I'm broke for the time being. The Whittier grandparents still haven't seen him so I will have to see if I can dig up some money somewhere. If not, I guess it might be until Christmas before I make it over that way. Anyhow, guess I better get back to work. So exciting!

3 Comments:

At June 26, 2007 at 2:15 PM , Blogger Kelsey said...

Good luck with the hubby allowance. I have a similar problem with Miguel, but he's more into buying beer and pot (which people down here smoke like cigarettes; it's ridiculous). He's getting better, but he still wastes a ridiculous amount of money on that crap. I hope you are able to reach a reasonable compromise with Juan. Money is so frustrating. And so are men, spilling water in the baby seat and not cleaning it up, and then you're the one who ends up looking like "trailer trash." I did find your story very humorous though. Mostly because it didn't happen to me. Like Homer Simpson says, it's funny because it's not me.

 
At June 26, 2007 at 2:17 PM , Blogger Kelsey said...

One more thing, Dom looks big in that picture! Not fat, just grown up. He looks like he's as big as Chloe! But it could just be an illusion. Sometimes photographs are very misleading.

 
At June 27, 2007 at 7:16 AM , Blogger crazy lady said...

Hey look at you! You can tell your diet is working! Your face is thinner and your hair looks great too! You beauty queen you! Dom looks cute, naked or not. I'm not even going to touch the money thing. It is the number one cause of divorce. It sounds like you are making some good choices to address your concerns though.
Hope you can make it to Poky even though we won't be here...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home