My Weight Tracker Familia Mendoza: REDWINGS DREAMS

Friday, May 25, 2007

REDWINGS DREAMS



For those of you who don't know, Juan is a HUGE Detroit Redwings fan. Last week he had the opportunity to go to a playoff game against the Ducks in Anaheim. His best bud paid for the game ticket and all his food so we just had to pay for half of his plane ticket. Even though it wasn't in the budget, I went ahead and let him go. Who am I to stand in the way of a man's hockey dream?? After all, our son was named after the Redwings goalie Dominik Hasek. Apparantly our Little Dom, according to daddy, is the next power forward for Detroit. If it actually happens (don't hold your breath), I will be sure to send you all free tickets so you can enjoy the game! Back to Juan attending the game.... the Wings ended up losing to the Ducks by one point. This put them out of the playoffs so it was a little bit devastating for Juan and his friend Steve, but on a high note Juan got his jersey autographed by one of the players and he talked to a few of the others as well.

2 Comments:

At May 25, 2007 at 1:24 PM , Blogger crazy lady said...

Sorry to hear about Juan's team losing. But they made it to the playoffs and he got to go see them! That's pretty cool. And the jersey signing - sweet bananas! I'm so glad you are blogging, now I won't feel so out of it:0)

 
At May 25, 2007 at 6:24 PM , Blogger Kelsey said...

What a cute, serious little baby! I can't believe my mom said "sweet bananas". What does that mean? I am also glad to see you've started a blog. I've only seen a few pictures of your little baby. Now I can keep updated! How fun to have a stay at home daddy. I'm hoping when I graduate college and get a great job (yeah right) Miguel will be able to stay home with the kiddies. Way to be a career woman; that's what I like to see.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home