My Weight Tracker Familia Mendoza: Handicapped Husband

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Handicapped Husband


This time the blog is about Juan. He had a hockey game last night at 9:00 p.m. That's usually when I go to bed and Dom was already in bed, so I didn't go. At 10 p.m. I am awoken to Juan hoovering over me with the look of pain seared in his face. Turns out he tore his groin while playing hockey and was in so much pain he barely made it up the stairs into the apt. There was some swelling in the area and he wanted to scream even if you touched it. I sent him to the ER since I had suspected the tear. They gave him an icepack and some strong meds to ease his pain. He has been limping around the apt today still in quite a bit of pain and it will take 4-6 weeks for him to recover. Luckily, I had already taken off the rest of this week so since it happened, it happened at a good time. Now I'm just here taking care of both my boys, whom are taking naps right now. Lucky!!! Hopefully Juan will be a quick healer so he can get back to his career in hockey.


Dominik is still trying to crawl and is so close we can taste it. It also seems that he is getting more than his 4 teeth as he is getting fussy again. As far as I go, I'm just enjoying my time off. I have an interview on Monday for that job I want, but not so sure I will get it now. My First Sergeant applied for the job and he has been around doing this sort of thing for years. He is willing to take a demotion (which he would have to do because he has too much rank) in order to get the job. I guess it pays more than his current job. The only thing I really have going for me now is my age. They usually like to get younger people in these jobs and they are able to stick around longer before retirement comes up. We'll see how it goes but I have a feeling I will be stuck in the Counterdrug black hole without a promotion forever. Hopefully they will prove me wrong

1 Comments:

At October 18, 2007 at 6:51 AM , Blogger crazy lady said...

That's a fantastic pic of Dom and Juan! What handsome guys. I'm sorry to hear about the groin tear. Makes me cringe just thinking about it. Chuck was having some issues with that when he does his running. Juan better take it easy til it's totally healed.
It's nice that you get a few days off to spend with the boys. I can hardly believe how grown up Dom is looking. I need to get over and seem his before he graduates from high school!
Good luck with the job interview. The think about your boss doesn't sound very good. The army seems to be a "bit" of the good ole boy system (major understatement eh). But, you never know! I'll be praying for you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home