My Weight Tracker Familia Mendoza: Anniversary

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Anniversary

So last weekend Juan and I celebrated our 1st anniversary. Like I said, we went to Jackpot and that is one of the unluckiest places ever! We spent $120 between the two of us and didn't even win a dollar. Those slots are ridiculous. Needless to say, we didn't gamble for very long. The big highlights of our trip were our hotel room and our dinner. We rented the hot tub suite so we had a huge room. It had a bar, huge granite hottub, and a king size bed. I must say that the dinner we ate was worth the drive. I had the prime rib (best cut I've ever eaten) and Juan had the roast duck. They were both so good, even the sides we got with dinner were delicious. I had asparagus and these sweet potato dumpling things. I wish I knew how to make them because I could eat a whole bowl of them. For dessert we had strawberry cheesecake. We were so full by the end of it, we both could have used a wheelchair. They also threw in 2 choc covered strawberries and they were so good that we ordered a dozen more. MMmmm... I want some right now. As you can see, I didn't watch what I ate that weekend!
We met Grandma Rosa in Nampa so we could pick up our little angel. He had on a cute little outfit with a fishing style hat and brown boots. He looked so grown up and I didn't even get a picture of it dang it! Juan and I were really excited to see him since it had been 3 days, but he didn't seem to care. I guess it doesn't matter to him who's around as long as he gets attention and food. Oh well, he gave us some big smiles later that day anyways.
Oh and in other news, my fridge died and it took A LOT of nagging from me to get a new one. It wasn't blowing cold air out so all our food was slowly defrosting. Our apt manager sent out some GE repairman who didn't know what he was doing. He told us to blowdry the coils everyday to defrost them until a new part came in 2 weeks from now. I didn't even think that was the problem to begin with, but I'm no fridge genius. The next morning there was a huge puddle on the floor and still no cold air. I went down the the manager's office in person since she never answers her phone and confronted them about the problem that they didn't think was too important. I told them I want a new fridge or $300 to replace the groceries that I just bought and theat are now going bad. Well, my new fridge is being delivered right now thank goodness. We had blocks of ice keeping our food cool so I think we will only have to replace a couple small things. I HATE INCOMPETENT PEOPLE!!

3 Comments:

At September 6, 2007 at 12:53 PM , Blogger crazy lady said...

Wow! That food sounds delish! And I'm not even hungry at the moment (I've eaten way too many "fun" size candy bars today.
Way to address the fridge problem. You used assertiveness very effectively.
Glad you had fun on the weekend!

 
At September 6, 2007 at 1:57 PM , Blogger Kelsey said...

Incompetent people should not be allowed to rent out property! It's a lot of responsibility, which is why I never plan on being a landlord. Unfortunately, a lot of people see it as easy money and don't put forth the required effort and/or money. Anyway, I'm glad you had a nice trip, despite not winning a dime.

 
At September 7, 2007 at 8:01 AM , Blogger oscar said...

Yum- the food sounds worth the trip! Nice work on getting a new 'fridge. I need to learn to be more assertive like that!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home