My Weight Tracker Familia Mendoza: Dominik and Diet Update

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Dominik and Diet Update



First off, here's the pictures of Dominik and his friend Brendan that I managed to get before my memory card said it was full. He has another play date tomorrow since the Redwings play so hopefully he will develop some good social skills and work on sharing his toys. What a stingy guy. =0) He's at grandma's house again this weekend since we had hockey tix. He just won't sit still anymore so it's not any fun taking him to a game where I barely fit in the aisles and seats. Also, can you believe my little man will be one in just a week. It's crazy how quickly the time passes. He is going to have a small birthday party with the local folk and I will get some good action of him since he will get his first piece of cake. It should be a good time even though he won't know what's going on.
Now for my diet update. I began my Medifast diet yesterday and it may be a little harder than I thought, but I can do anything for only 4 weeks right?? Here's what I've tried so far....

Oatmeals-odd texture w/chunks. Doesn't mix too well.

Shakes- Not too bad as far as taste. A bit chalky in the texture dept.

Cream of Broccoli Shoup-The worst soup I have ever had in my life. No real flavor, no chunks of real food, just hot, soupy based water.I'm hoping the other flavors are better.

Snack Bars-Pretty decent and really similar to the different ones you can buy at the store like the power bars. Can't I just eat these all day?

Pudding-Has a pretty good flavor to it, once again, odd texture.

Ok, so the above items and then a lean portion of meet with green veggies for dinner is what I will be living on for the next month. I know I will lose a few pounds but I have to keep it off. I figure that once I transition back I will use fresh fruit or raw almonds for my snacks, weight control oatmeal or low carb yogurt with fruit for breakfast, salad with chicken or fish and veggies for lunch and then my normal kind of dinner except with a wheat roll or something added. If eating that healthy doesn't keep the weight off, then nothing will. Also, me being able o start running again in a week after 3 months of not running should help immensly. I am also going to start weightlifting a few times a week and I know that will make a difference.

Hope you all had a great Valentine's Day and now, Happy Sunday.

2 Comments:

At February 17, 2008 at 12:14 PM , Blogger Kelsey said...

It it is pretty crazy to think that Dominik is almost one. They grow so fast!

I'm not into dieting, but I am into exercising, and I can tell you from personal experience what a difference it makes to add weight training to your cardio. I think you'll get the best results once you can start running again. Good luck!

 
At February 19, 2008 at 6:57 AM , Blogger crazy lady said...

Ummm, watery oatmeal and tastless soup. Yeah, I remember why I gave up on those kinds of diets (and believe me I have tried many in my day). I'm sure you will have some luck if you stick with it. As you said the trick is to keep it off after. But, it sounds like you have a plan in mind.
Thanks for the pics of Dom. He looks pretty concerned in that one pic. Hard to imagine that he's already a year!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home