My Weight Tracker Familia Mendoza: FOR FUTURE REFERENCE

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

FOR FUTURE REFERENCE

The half marathon has come and gone, but I'm still feeling the effects of running 13 miles in my legs. I've decided that if I'm dumb enough to do one of these events again, I will actually train for it instead of just going out there and doing it. Prior to my half marathon, I had only run 4 miles at one time. Once I hit the 5 mile marker on Sunday, my legs began to object to their rough treatment. My hands swelled up so much that my fingers looked like little sausages and my left foot wanted to go numb. Well, after many moments of asking myself why I was doing this, but still pushing onto the end, I made it across the finish line with a time of 2 hr 34 minutes. I guess that's not too terrible for my first 13 miler, but next time I want to do a lot better. Yesterday my legs were sore, but most affected were my hip flexors. I could barely raise my legs high enough to put on pants and today I'm still a bit sore but quickly recovering. I'm hoping to get back to my routine and do a 4 mile run tomorrow. I gained 3 pounds since my run and I'm pretty sure most of that is a result of my body holding onto fluids because of the trauma I put it through. HOpefully it's not a permanant weight gain.
Other than that, Dominik is doing great and continues to be a sweet guy. Juan is liking his new job and works really close to home so we are saving on gas. I guess that's all my news for now so I will get back to work.

3 Comments:

At October 7, 2008 at 4:34 PM , Blogger Kelsey said...

Congrats on finishing! And thanks for the warning. If I ever get around to doing a half marathon, I'll be sure to train.

 
At October 8, 2008 at 12:24 PM , Blogger crazy lady said...

Well, I'm SO impressed that you made it all the way, expecially after learning that the farthest you had run before was 4 miles! I've 8 miles once and I was definitely feeling it after. Training DOES make all the difference. But, Good for you! I'm impressed that you stuck it out and your time is pretty good too!

 
At October 9, 2008 at 7:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried calling you to see how you did, but no answer. Great job no doubt about it. Keep up the hard work.

Chuck

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home